After dieting for two months, you can now begin eating carbs again which will make eating with the other people like friends and family easier. But, the transition period is scarier. No one would like to regain all the pounds they worked hard to lose in the dieting program. The major challenge appears to increase the intake of calories slowly. Mostly, people move from monitoring every bite they eat to uncontrollably eating whatever they want without allowing their body to adjust. However, you should keep in mind that you have stopped taking HCG and your metabolism and body will need some time. The following are some of the tips that you should highly observe to eliminate any chances of regaining the weight you lost.
• Continue weighing yourself to be sure that you catch any sneaky weight gain.
• Do a steak date if you get yourself weighing 2.1 pounds over the last weight on the HCG diet.
• Avoid falling back into the bad habits which you broke while in the HCG dieting like drinking soda, and eating any unhealthy foods.
• Keep drinking water. Possibly, you should take at least 2 litters of water in a day. This will assist you in maintaining the weight you lost and your overall health.
• Maintain all the good habits that you developed while in the HCG program like drinking tea, and monitoring serving sizes.
• Still, you should focus on eating real foods. And a general rule of thumb is that “if you can’t read the ingredients, don’t take the food.”
• Make going to the gym a habit since this will help you tone your muscles.
• Make the scale your best friend. It will assist you maintain the right weight and also assist you in identifying any trigger foods.
Why monitor your weight and the food you eat after the HCG dieting
After completing the HCG diet program, you have to go through the maintenance stage. The purpose of this stage is to allow the body to stabilize your new weight. To achieve this, you must correctly follow the maintenance plan. You should eat more food and allow your body to stabilize at the new weight.
After you have stopped taking the HCG, you should continue with dieting for 3 additional days or 72 hours. At the end of these 3 days, you should start eating anything that you want except starch and sugar provided that you observe one rule – you should have your portable bathroom scale at hand particularly when travelling. You should weigh yourself every morning when you get out of bed without fail and having emptied your bladder, without clothes and before taking liquids of any kind or taking breakfast.
When beginning the maintenance phase, increase your calories intake to around 1500. Don’t attempt to continue with the dieting once the HCG is out of your body system. Keep in mind that your weight will keep fluctuating within the first or two weeks which is normal. You can do a steak day if you want to. Within these three weeks, you should highly monitor your sugar intake. Read labels and eat organic foods if possible. You can eat whatever you want but avoid eating sugar and starch. Eat enough food, use dairy products and healthy fats to up the calorie intake if necessary and also drink enough water.
Skipping a meal
As long as you are able to maintain your weight within 2 pounds of that weight you reached on the last day of your HCG dose, you should not take any notice of a weight gain. But anytime your scale goes beyond 2 pounds, including when this is by a few ounces, you shouldn’t take breakfast and lunch on that day and moreover, you should take plenty of water. And in the evening, you should take an apple, a huge steak and a raw tomato and nothing more.
It is advisable that you do this on the same day the scale goes beyond 2 pounds and you shouldn’t postpone it until the next day. If you skip a meal on the day that you register a weight gain at the morning, this will bring about an immediate weight lose and at times, this may be with more than a pound. However, if skipping the meal means literally skipping and not having a light meal, the phenomenon won’t occur and to correct the situation, several dieting of several days may be necessary.
Exercising when the dieting is over
Due to low caloric intake you shouldn’t exercise while on the HCG diet. But, workouts are only restricted while on the diet. After you have completed the dieting, and you have achieved your desired weight, you should support the weight loss with effective workout schedules.